... More

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

growing up won't bring us down

I love my niece. I don't think I could make this more apparent to anyone. I suppose when anyone gets to know me, they quickly learn who my favorite person in the entire world. It's my four year old niece, Brittanie. She was born when I was seventeen and in my junior year of high school. She's my whole world, she's the first reason that I knew that I had a heart. Don't get me wrong, I loved my family before she came about... but she changed my heart. I adore this little girl with everything in me. She loves and sees me for who I am and loves me regardless of anything that I do or have done. Today was her official birthday; we ate cake at Olive Garden, went to build a bear, watched ice skaters at Stonebriar and played all kinds of games at Gatti Town. It was such an organic fun experience, I guess it's refreshing to remember how it feels to be a little kid again.
So much, in fact, that I want to continue with the traditional little kid fun more often. I looked up places to go bowling, to play laser tag and of course, ride roller-coasters. I'm growing up, she's growing up, everything is changing, yet everything is staying the same. I'm excited for the future. I talked and had a good experience with my two dream jobs. Hopefully everything will work out! I know I was a little frantic and dramatic in the last written post... but I've gotten past all of that anxiety. My best friend will not be moving in with me, but my OTHER best friend will be! I've also gotten accustomed to being the only girl in large groups of boys...which I love. I'm a good hostess and feel it's important to make them feel welcomed. Things are well, and I'm generally happy/content at where my life is headed right now. There's more to come, and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks so fun! How amazing are roller coasters? I'd love to just travel the world and ride roller coasters in every city x

Post a Comment