... More

Saturday, May 12, 2012

"my life: a constant work in progress and I wouldn't have it any other way"

In my last blog, I mentioned how I had my fingers crossed for a specific couple of jobs. I didn't want to count my chickens before they hatched, BUT I had an interview at one of them today. They called me two hours later to inform me that I GOT THE JOB! I am now the salon receptionist for Toni & Guy! I'm so happy to have my foot in the door of the cosmetology industry. I knew that I belonged there when I walked through the door, it just felt like where I should be. I'm going to be getting first hand experience of the life in a salon. I'm going to be visiting cosmetology schools soon either this or next month. I can't wait to be able to have advice at my fingertips! Aside from the professionalism of my job and the direction toward my career... I'm happy to finally be able to stay living in Dallas and not haver to drive back and forth between Dallas and Sherman.

Also in my last blog, I talked about moving into my own apartment. My lease will not be up until September, but I've begun apartment hunting all over the Dallas area. I will be looking for a one bedroom split level lofted apartment. I would ideally love to move into a loft in deep ellum with exposed brick and concrete floors. I want to move into my DREAM loft already, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to afford one on my own until I finish cosmetology school. I'm looking forward to depending on myself for this apartment. I have a lot of big ideas for this new apartment, I hope that September makes it's way soon!

During any transition in my life, whether it be intense or insignificant.... I do something to physically change what's happening internally. Not a lot of people are aware of this, but I do it very often. Tattoos signify the most important and life altering changes, piercings also signify a big change and a new hair color often embodies a new attitude. I have had seven piercings in my body at one time, but now I only have five. My favorite piercing is really a pair of piercings and I haven't had both of them pierced since late 2010. I've been meaning to get it re-pierced, but I've never mustered up the courage to get it done. With my new job and my new found perspective on life... I'm going to be getting one of my favorite piercings pierced once again! I'm really nervous about it and actually chicken out about getting it today... but I will be getting it very soon!


Nothing is perfect, nothing is 100% how I would like it to be, but it's getting better. Everything that I'm currently, have or will go through will shape who I am for the best. I'm ready for this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment