... More

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

life is good.

The purpose of life, at least from my perspective, is to make yourself happy. Love is perhaps the most important component of happiness, not in the romantic sense, but just love. Love for your family, significant other, job/career, every moment of life... and most importantly, yourself. My life has been such a harsh roller coaster, but it's a good thing that I've found a new love for the adrenaline, every turn and even every drop. I'm happy right now. I finally have a purpose and something to look forward to... I have two jobs now; Toni&Guy and Urban Outfitters. I'm currently driving a brand new Volkswagen Beetle and am on the search for a new automobile, ideally a Volkswagen Jetta, Smartcar or maybe even a new Chevy Cobalt. I shall be moving into my new apartment the first week of August with my new roommate James. I will also be starting school in either September or October. I'm just so excited and SO ready for everything! It's been one of the absolute best months possible. I figure that I have about a couple of years left until I move onto Austin... but I have to have leased a split-level loft in Deep Ellum AND graduate from the Toni & Guy Academy first. That's my absolute goal for right now!


With all of this being said, I feel guilty being happy. I know my mom would want me to be happy, and something in me knows that she's the only reason that all of this has been possible. In six days, it will have been a year since she passed away. It certainly hasn't been easy and it feels like it's been YEARS already. It's interesting to see how much has evolved since then though, it's comforting knowing exactly how much I've changed since then... and how much I've grown up in one short year, even-though it's felt like an eternity. It's going to be a rough couple of days, but I have my future to fondly look upon again. I'm going to make her and myself proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment