... More

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

my 22nd birthday

Last year, my birthday was eventful... I was able to legally drink, got wasted at a show and during the days following... I had a nice dinner with my family, a party at my apartment, went to Austin, got wasted on 6th street and then began my sleeve. This year, I opted to have a less exciting birthday. I woke up early, since I'm usually up early on wednesdays, I got donuts and cooked breakfast... complete with chocolate milk, maple bacon and biscuits! I then watched a little bit of scrubs, but then went back to sleep. After my glorious nap, I took a little time to clean up my apartment a little. I had dinner at my favorite restaurant with my family and finally made a real wish when I blew out my candles. I then decided to see one of my favorite books, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, translated into film by myself. It was absolutely perfect and I'm glad that I went alone because I cried throughout the entire movie. I'm happy about myself and my life... it's so weird to see how differently my life is now as apposed to last year. I was such a completely different person back then, I didn't even know who I was.  I made a list of 21 things I wanted to do before I was 22 years old... I completed 9 of the goals I made. I have a really good feeling about this year! So, here's my new list...


22 before... 23

1. begin at (or hopefully graduate from) the Toni&Guy Academy
2. drive a new, more trustworthy, car.
3. reach ultimate goal weight of 125 pounds
4. rebuild (or build) my credit
5. perfectly decorate/furnish my current apartment
6. have at least half of my savings payed back
7. completely finish my left sleeve
8. become a make-up technician at Toni&Guy
9. get involved in the music scene again.
10. fall in love again
11. volunteer at south by southwest
12. dedicate more time and effort into my blog
13. ride on an airplane for the first time
14. adventure to Las Vegas again
15. move into a split level apartment in Dallas
16. adopt an English or French Bulldog (named Bentley or Sadie)
17. upgrade to a 27" iMac
18. upgrade to an iPhone 5 (AND DON'T CRACK THE SCREEN!)
19. obtain a credit card
20. have platinum white blonde hair
21. get knuckles tattooed
22. get "let it be" tattoo in all color on foot

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I also solo'ed the perks of being a wallflower!! And I also don't regret it one bit. It was perfection! I loved every minute. Happy Belated Birthday xx

Post a Comment