... More

Friday, November 2, 2012

on the upsides

I don't really change... although I do evolve. I am still the same person that I've been since I was thirteen. My favorites, wants, needs, ideas, dreams, friends, etc... haven't really monumentally changed since I was about eighteen, which was four years ago. I'm a loyal person and I'm intuitive in the way that I always know what I want or who I want in my life.

Four of my favorite bands have been my favorite since I was under fifteen and have seen two this week. My best friends and I have been together for either ten/eleven years or about five years. I worked at my first job for 3-1/2 years and I've been at my second and third for six months already. I've wanted to study psychology and be a hair dresser since I was in elementary school... and then wanted to work in the music industry and film since high school. I don't majorly change, I stay the same. I know exactly who I am, what I want and what I'm going to be doing... I just feel like I know what's going to happen in my life. It all makes sense and it's all me.

now, with all of that rambling being said... I want to talk about the past couple of days: (because a LOT has gone on)


Last Saturday night, I went on a journey to Calera, Oklahoma to see my friends' bands Aerolyn and Even Cameras Lie. I made a little pit stop in Sherman, where I grew up, and visited my old job. One of my old bosses and I (and Jacob) talked and caught up for a while. I got to learn of all the drama in Sherman and how everyone was doing. We then grabbed food at La Mesa, the best restaurant in Sherman, and then headed to Oklahoma. It was at a venue similar to Sherman VFW shows. It was confronting running into the guys right when we got there. I also saw my ex-roommate, who I also kicked out... it was awkward at first, but we called a truce and now we're cool and back to normal. I'll be lying if I said that I didn't miss him sometimes! We all then went out to a sketchy waffle place and then headed back to plano to continue our "partying" which consisted of drinking 3.2 beer.... no bueno. I don't really like Oklahoma... haha. Regardless, I did end only sleeping 2 hours that night and working about eight hours the next day.


On Tuesday, I was able to get off early and see one of my fourth favorite band of all time. AND YES, I do have the top five numbered... haha. I've been in love with this band, Motion City Soundtrack, since 2006 when I was fifteen. I believe I saw them for the first time in 2007... they are always one of my favorite live bands, so it was such a great show. I had just seen them at south by southwest in March earlier this year, but I love them every single time. Also, on Monday, I had gone to a local petstore after work and fell in love with a little French Bulldog. I've had my heart set on an english bulldog, even after I had one last year for a brief time, but I've decided that when I'm able to... I'll be adopting a little French Bulldog since they don't get to be as big as an English... and they look like little chubby adorable pigs :)



And today, I saw my third favorite band of all time... and the first "punk" band that I've ever truly fell in love with. I was thirteen and everything began with this band. They are the sole reason that I'm in love with music today... and after seeing them tonight, I remember exactly why. I haven't felt this way after a show since I was in high school. I needed this. Live shows are what kept me sane in high school... and I had no doubt in my mind that it was the industry that I was going to be working in. Since I've gotten older, my wants and priorities have definitely changed... but, after tonight... I feel like I might be making a few adjustments. I was so inspired simply by one of my favorite bands. They played their first full length album in it's entirety... it was the first time that I heard most of those songs performed even since I've been seeing them since 2007 as well. Tonight was perfect and reminded me of who I am, who I want to be... and who I will make sure that I am. I will just say that I do miss when my life revolved around music.



and also since today is the day after Halloween... which I worked 14 hours.. I bought a shit ton of candy! So, this has been my life lately, I don't know where I'm headed, but I'm happy to be on this roller-coaster and to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment